Do you groan when you hear the phrase self care? With all the things on your plate – and all the time and energy to take care of everything in your world – here's one more thing to do. A part of you knows it's good for you, right? It does makes sense. But how do you make the time to incorporate self care practices into your already busy life?
The trick is to identify easy, no brainer self care practices that you can dive into right now.
And here's a reality check… self care is not about checking out from your life. It is not self indulgence. It is a savoring, relishing and enjoying of your trips around the Sun. The self care practices below can be approached as everyday treats, a respite from the mad roar of responsibilities, a dive into your deliciousness.
Don't get caught up in any self care have to or should do. (Any indication that you're feeling that way and feel free to cross that practice off your self care list.) As in all things, the activities that call to you will be very personal. My self care practices may differ from yours.
How do you know which self care practices are the ones for you? When you hit on your self care practices you will feel recharged, renewed, restored and refreshed.
The best approach to self care is to have fun with it, be light about it. Imagine you're at the buffet table of Life and there are infinite tantalizing dishes for you to try. Peruse the list below and notice which ones call to you. You get to choose! Enjoy!
It doesn't take much to get the self care ball rolling. Small and steady practices – things that can be done quickly, at almost no cost, and without a major disruption to your routine – will pay off in big ways. Try out as many of these simple self care practices during our time together. You'll be glad you did!
What are some of your favorite self care practices? Share below.
PS Ready to relax, release, and renew? Join us!
A self-care practice does not have to be complicated. There are things you can do every day that will awaken your self-love and connect you to what revives and regenerates you. Here are 5 practices that are sure to replenish and restore your sense of well being.
1. Spend the first 5-10 minutes of your day noticing your breath. Let your breath be the bridge from your body to your being. Allow the stillness of the morning to be mirrored in your breathing. Listen to the pulsing rhythm of your heart and how it powers up your body. Notice how your breath brings in vibrant energy on the inhale and releases what no longer serves you on the exhale.
2. Move your body in ways that delight you, even if it's only for 5 minutes. It might be a morning walk, dancing to your favorite music, riding on a swing or jumping on a trampoline. Remember the ways in which you moved your body as a child. Do that! Let unbridled joy light up every cell of your body.
3. Journal about your hopes and dreams, visions, and victories. There's nothing quite like sharing your secret thoughts with a trusted friend. Sometimes it's not possible, that's when your journal turns out to be a treasured confidante. Writing has been proven to impact your brain and most successful folks attribute a journaling practice as part of their secret to success. There is power and magic in capturing the world of the unseen and bringing it to life.
4. Go for a walk in the park. In times of turbulence remember, spend time in nature. It can instantly bring you into balance and bliss and remind you of the everyday beauty that surrounds you. Think of all the energy the world generates to bring a seedling into a powerful oak tree. The natural world is a perfect reflection of how life sustains you.
5. Write a Gratitude List. Write down 10 things you're grateful for. If you can't find 10, then write 5, or even 1. This practice alone will create a tsunami of good flow in your world. It's the most powerful abundance practice and it will help you flex your focus muscle. It's a time tested method to shift your energy. . . and that's the first step towards changing everything.
Ready to put yourself front and center? Download Your Self Care Mastery Jumpstart! You'll discover the ‘secret' to self care, how to pinpoint where you're falling short and how to get started now.