This soup is a frequent flyer in my home. It's a perfect fall and winter soup. The ingredients are easily available and it's a quick prep and cook. The root vegetables are great for grounding and the ginger adds a warming touch. A perfect soup for a cold and clammy day.
Blending this soup is a cinch with a Vitamix 5300, my favorite healthy kitchen tool! I've owned one for eight years and it's still going strong. Enjoy!
- 1 acorn squash, skinned & chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil or ghee
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- Rosemary to garnish
- Sauté carrots, onions, celery and garlic in olive oil.
- Add squash and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree and adjust water to desired creaminess.
- Let cool a bit and then blend in your Vitamix. Easy peasy!
- Use parsley to garnish.