This is a daily staple in my home… wherever I roam!
When I lived with my daughter and her husband, for about a year after the fire, I made sure we ALL started the day with a green smoothie. I'm often told those smoothies are missed the most (and the french braiding services for my daughter). Ha!
These days I've got my daughter-in-law and two grandkiddies drinking green smoothies. At first they weren't too sure about the green drink, but once they had a taste we had a hit!
The Mango Banana Green Smoothie is delicious, nutritious and a GREAT way to jumpstart your morning self care ritual. Even better, it's easy peasy!
Of course, it always helps to have the best tools to work with. My favorite smoothie blender – for the past 8 years – has been a Vitamix. I was at an Argentine Tango Festival in Chicago when I was seriously turned on to raw foods. But … that's a story for another day.
Enjoy the delicious Mango Banana Green Smoothie and let me know what you think below.
Later lovelies …
p.s. And the grandkiddies earn points for drinking a green smoothie so there's a built in health incentive.
Mango Banana Green Smoothie
Perfectly delicious way to break your fast, or boost your energy throughout the day.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 76
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 35g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 3 Medium Bananas
- 1 Mango
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Wash spinach and place in blender.
- Add banana and mango to blender.
- Add Coconut Oil and Chia Seeds.
- Add water and ice to taste.
- Blend on low till fully mixed.
- You can adjust the thickness of your green smoothie by adding more water to thin, or ice to thicken. Enjoy!
- (In my household the grownups like it thicker and the kids like it thinner. Here's how I cater to different tastes: I serve the grownups first, then I prepare for the kiddies by adding more water, blending and serving. Everybody's happy!)
Self Care Mastery http://selfcaremastery.com/