Stress Management is Dead
Ever feel that if you had less stress, and you knew how to manage it, everything would be OK in your world? Here’s the shocker: stress management is dead!
The best way to deal with stress is to make time for down time. One of the best ways you can do that is to use imagery to create a state of instant calm, or bliss.
If you’re ready to master your self care, take a moment to explore Ellen Britt’s take on stress management.
Here are some highlights from the call:
- Stress is a component of almost any disease process that you can name, both emotional and physical. Some studies suggest that over 90% of visits to primary care physicians offices are stress-related illnesses.
- Stress is the body’s reaction to any change. The change can be physical, emotional, mental or spiritual, or a combination of all.
- Learn to manage your reaction. We think we can manage our life events. We can’t. We can become stress resilient.
- Slow down your heart rate with your breath. When you slow down your breathing and prolong the exhale, your heart rate will slow naturally and automatically.
- The 3 basic building blocks in any stress resiliency program are: nutrition, exercise and sleep. Make sure your needs are being met.
- Work in accordance with your body’s circadian rhythm. Work in 90-minute intervals and then take a break.
- Relax and reduce stress with the power of your natural environment on emotion and stress. Use photographs of nature, live plants, or even a bouquet of fresh flowers, to elevate your mood.
Self Care Practice/Tool
Ellen led us through an experience of the Body Scan tool.
Bottom Line? Guided Visualization is one of those power tools that frees your energy and unleashes your creative essence.
And the quickest way to recover your essential self is to grab your Free Instant Access to my “Self Care Mastery Jumpstart Kit” when you visit http://selfcaremastery.com. You’ll get access to expert energy shifting tools, pdf’s and other resources to get you into movement today.
Brought to you by Adela Rubio, Conscious Catalyst and Evolutionary Coach.
Dr. Ellen Britt is co-founder of Everyday Qi, bringing you the best in health, wellness and personal development information. She is also the executive producer of the Telly Award- winning relaxation video The Fifth Season, and the creator of a complete introductory course in using guided imagery, Guided Imagery Essentials.