Sweet and Tasty, Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe
Delicata squash is my all time favorite squash, and it's only available in October in the Northeast. I just stocked up on delicata squash at Trader Joe's and I'm in heaven! This Roasted Delicata Squash recipe is one of my favorites.
It's chock full of goodness with loads of vitamin A and C, it's fat free, cholesterol free and sodium free. If you're a vegan or a vegetarian it's a great source of essential nutrients and it's SO easy to make. You don't even have to peel the squash, just wash, prep and bake.
When picking your squash make sure it's firm and has an even cream color. A ripe delicata squash will be yellow with green striations on its rind. This recipe is easy! The only other ingredients are olive oil and salt. I use Trader Joe's Pink Himalayan Salt.
Here's my go-to recipe for this golden goodness . . .
- 4 cups Delicata Squash (2 medium)
- Olive Oil
- Trader Joe's Himalayan Pink Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Take a cookie sheet, line it with aluminum foil and spray olive oil.
- Wash your squash, cut off ends and slice into rings. Remove the seeds.
- Place delicata squash rings on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and Himalayan Pink Salt
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip delicata squash rings and cook other side for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite greens.