10 Environments That Can Drain Or Boost Your Personal Power
If you're having trouble mustering up your mojo it might be that your energy is in need of revitalization. One of the things you can do to quickly get a pulse on your energy levels is to check in on your environments. Your environments are a determining factor in your energy mastery. They can either deplete your energy reserves or generate an abundance of personal power and creative flow. When your energy levels are low – and you've adjusted your nutrition, movement and rest to optimal levels – you know it's time to check out your environments.
Take a look at the environments shared below and consider where you are willing to suspend beliefs or question your assumptions and automatic behaviors. Your bandwidth of choice and possibility is a lot greater than you might initially imagine. Your intention to ‘free your Essence' can create powerful shifts in your world.
You can spend your life planning for success or you can arrange for all of the support you need to actually become successful.
Before we begin, let's consider that you are in a virtual reality in time/space and that you are literally in a box. This box has any shape you desire. The textures are yours to design — the colors, the players, the vistas, location, etc. This box has been created since your first breath and arrival on the planet. In the beginning, others helped create the box for you (your family, school, religion, government, etc.). Today you continue to live in this box. Sometimes you may not be aware that you're in it. There is, in fact, a much more expanded bandwidth of experience that is available to you.
How much of YOU is really you? How much of you was created by another? As you take a look at each of the environments below notice which ones grab your attention and have the most energy. Which are the areas that are calling for your engagement and expanded expression?
1. Energy Environment
- Are you highly aware and sensitive to people, places, and things?
- Can you clearly articulate what you feel, sense and know?
- Are you aware of your energy sources, the things that power up your being and energize you?
- Do you sometimes feel like a lone ranger, strange ranger?
- Do you have tools and practices that support you in connecting energetically?
- Are you able to easily and gracefully shift your perspective from problem to potential?
2. Inner/Spiritual Environment
- Do you engage in a regular connective practice — services, prayer, journaling, meditation, energy work?
- Do you experience the ‘no separation’ of life regularly – the moments of at-one-ness?
- Do you get caught up in ‘the personal perspective’ or are you clear on how you can be of service
- Are you in connection with high vibing energy sources, whatever you may call them (God, Source, etc.), on a regular basis?
- Do you get blown away by the extraordinary quality of ordinary moments?
- Does your essence power up your dreams and intentions?
3. Physical Environment
- Are you geographically located in a place that makes you come alive?
- Do you feel energized when you walk into your home?
- Is your space defined by your personal essence – bold, colorful, expressive, serene, etc?
- Do you have personal space dedicated to your creative pursuits – dance, art, music, writing, etc?
- Do you have ‘sacred space' set aside in your home?
- Are you able to create ‘home' regardless of where you are physically located?
4. Body Environment
- Do you enjoy how your body looks and feels?
- Do you know which foods make you feel light and energized?
- Is your physical energy vibrant and overflowing?
- Do you feel fully rested when you awaken?
- Do you engage in negative self-talk about your body?
- Do you have abundant sources of safe, non-sexual physical touch?
5. Self Expression Environment
- Are your talents and gifts finding a natural expression in your daily life?
- Do you hold back from being fully you around certain people?
- Do you have a solid sense of your gifts, talents, and strengths?
- Do you engage in work that you love and that energizes you?
- Are most of your time engaged in doing what you love, whether it’s your ‘real job’ or not?
- Do you use language that empowers you – mantras, words or phrases that open your energy?
6. Emotions Environment
- Are there specific areas in your life where you are still at the mercy of emotional triggers?
- Do you experience recurring emotional themes – anger, confusion, self-doubt, etc?
- Do you often experience self-judgment around your emotions?
- When you feel intense emotions do you have strategies to navigate the experience?
- Do you often find that emotions create drama in your world?
- Are you able to distinguish between your own emotions and others' emotions?
7. Relationship Environment
- Do your relationships nourish and sustain you?
- Do you often accommodate the needs of others and compromise your own?
- Are you able to experience others without being impacted by their feelings and thoughts?
- Do you ‘put up' with things that don't feel good to you because you think you need to?
- Are you free to be yourself, no matter whose company you're in?
- Can you clearly articulate your point of view with difficult people?
8. Abundance Environment
- Do you have a gratitude practice?
- How often do you appreciate others?
- Do you regularly assess your in-flow and outflow of money?
- Are your options limited by your cash flow?
- Do you use money (or time, etc) as a reason NOT to do something?
- Does your cash flow define you?
9. Natural World Environment
- Do you have access to the type of natural environments that enrich your being – ocean, forest, etc.?
- Have you noticed that being in nature realigns and recalibrates your energy?
- Do you have paintings or crafts that imbue your home with the essence of the natural world?
- Do you bring the scent of nature into your home – pine cones, eucalyptus, flowers, burning wood?
- Do you have access to recordings that mimic sounds of nature?
- Do you live in an environment that provides you access to weather that you enjoy?
10. Community Environment
- Are you actively engaged in a community that inspires you?
- Do you have a community of colleagues/friends that nurture and support you in the work that you do?
- What groups, and roles (connector, collaborator, facilitator, leader), elicit your gifts and power up your essence?
- Are you still engaged in friendships, yahoo groups, courses, clubs, organizations, etc. that no longer sustain or inspire you?
- Do you meet with local members of your tribe regularly?
- Are you interested in starting your own community?
Notice which of these 10 areas need your attention. Pick 1 or 2 areas to focus on, don't try to do more than that or you'll feel overwhelmed. Pick the ones that would make the most difference right now. These are the environments where life is calling you to explore a shift, to partner with potential. Use this assessment with your Power Pal/Power Triad and get some coaching around the areas that you experience as a problem. Play with possibility. It's beckoning at your doorstep.
The more that you are willing to play with your ‘box' and its structure, the more you will become aware of what is YOU and what is NOT you. You can even blow up the box. Awareness is the first step then you can map out the action you want to take to manifest the changes you seek to embody. It is an ongoing exploration, and as you engage the boundaries of your self-imposed container you will discover who truly resides within.
Herein lies the juiciness of being here now, living a life that is designed by you: abundant, creative and sourced by your vibrant essence. It's an awesome adventure. Actually, it's the only one you have.