21 Strategies for Personal Evolution
Personal growth and development is not only inevitable but a welcome adventure for those of us who are in the business of life transformation. Self-growth is a conscious self-assessment of ourselves and our behaviors, motives, and values. It is an assessment of our world, our environment, and a reflection of our desire to adapt and grow. It is a realization that some things are beyond our liking or our control, and it’s an embracing of our partnership with those changes we can make.
Chances are that you’ve read a ton of self-help books, attended loads of lectures and fully embraced this evolution of you. You’ve inevitably had moments when clarity hits you suddenly and propels you into dynamic certainty. It’s wonderful when it happens because you are flooded with an energetic surge and are propelled effortlessly into the realm of natural and organic movement.
Personal evolution, however, may feel like more of a slow crawl at times. It’s in the reflection of where you’ve been and how far you’ve come that you see the quantum movements.
There are very few human beings who receive the truth, complete and staggering, by instant illumination. Most of them acquire it fragment by fragment, on a small scale, by successive developments, cellularly, like a laborious mosaic.
To evolve more quickly and easily, here are 21 Personal Evolution Strategies as shared by Thomas Leonard, the ‘father of coaching.’
- Surround yourself with new ideas instead of recycling your beliefs. Beliefs can limit your ability to experience life as it unfolds.
- Make chaos your friend. The unexpected is a good thing as long as you’re open to it.
- Let your environments do most of your evolutionary work for you. Evolution occurs as you adapt to such environments.
- Use tolerations to your advantage. Every single thing you are putting up with is an opportunity waiting to be leveraged.
- Constantly experiment. Synchronicity is the reward.
- Spend more time in nature. Nature nourishes and recalibrates our natural systems.
- Become the host of a thriving network. Let your network evolve you as you serve them.
- Continuously integrate all aspects of your life. Integration evolves you from being needlessly complicated to being richly complex.
- Invest in your virtual environments, not just your physical environments. Life is becoming more virtual.
- Design your sources of energy. You can then operate at a higher frequency.
- Become superconductive. Reduce the energy you consume by 90% by reducing your resistance to life.
- Master the evolving set of Cyber Skills. Extend your intelligence by connecting with everyone.
- Surround yourself with people who are eagerly evolving. They spark you. You spark them. Evolution occurs effortlessly.
- Stop resisting. Assimilate events the first time they occur.
- Choose a goal that is bigger than you are. Be pulled forward by it, instead of pushing yourself.
- Get over yourself in every possible way. Arrogance holds you back.
- Learn how you naturally operate. Come to honor your personal dynamic.
- Know your gifts. And design your life to fully express them.
- Emotionally heal. Healing maximizes your emotional IQ.
- Cause something and surprise yourself. Initiative is a muscle.
- Make what you don’t know more interesting than what you do know. Enjoy learning more than teaching.
Don’t underestimate the power of the moment to moment choice. It is the moment that makes the long-term difference. Choice is the engine of your evolution.