3 Ways to Move Through Self Forgiveness
I grew up Catholic and am well versed on the specters of guilt and shame and the power of forgiveness. But unlike the lightness of absolution for one's sins, self forgiveness is sometimes a more arduous journey. It's filled with remorse and should have, would have, could have. It's ALL in the past, where you have no power.
The adventure of self forgiveness can also be one of discovery, wonder and joy. It can be a world of inspiration and insights, awareness and activation. You get to choose which world to inhabit. Which shall it be?
Here is one shift that can put your world into a positive tailspin right now: Reclaim your energy from the ‘hurts' you've experienced. Don't know how to do it?[feature_box style=”2″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]
How to Reclaim Your Energy Through Self Forgiveness:
This is a simple energy exercise that can help you reclaim the energy you might have given to beliefs and ideas about yourself that aren't really true:
- Feel It. Feel the hurt you've experienced at your own hands. Don't wallow, just feel. (And it's all yours, btw, even the hurt experienced at the hand of others)
- Give It a Form. Allow the hurt energy to take a shape or a form. It can even be words, make them 3D.
- Drop It In The Light Vortex. Imagine a vortex of light right in front of you (going down as far as the eye can see). Drop your hurts in. Let them drop, hurl them in, do a drop kick, deliver them as you please. Feel the lightness and openness that is now in their place.
It's easy to slip into judgment and point the finger at someone who's hurt you and make them wrong for it. Sometimes the perpetrator is you. Often the harshest treatment is reserved for your own lapse of light.
This being human gig takes practice. We are prone to make mistakes. It's how we learn. In order to create the amazing life that you know is possible you need to be willing to step into an active role as the architect of your world. It is in the claiming of your own creative power that self forgiveness can occur.
Self forgiveness is a tool that corrects perception. It reawakens your true sense of self and naturally and easily rights your world. Notice how good it feels to forgive. The heavy burden is lifted and you are restored to rightness and lightness.
Life is full of opportunities for self forgiveness, and it's crucial for your evolution. It actually changes your DNA.
The act of self-forgiveness changes the energy and physical structures of your cells, and of your DNA. Guilt is a very powerful and deadening emotion. Guilt in itself can, as it were, close down the energy systems of your body, and thereby lessen, and in extreme cases, cut off the flow of Divine Energy and Love to the body entirely. Because each and every one of your cells has consciousness, they too can carry the essence and energy of guilt within them that makes their energy denser.
~ John Payne
Now, more than ever, is a perfect time to lighten up, especially with your own lapses of light.
Here are 3 ways to move through self forgiveness:
1. Feel your feelings, but don't hold onto them. We all experience negative feelings: anger, fear, resentment. Welcome feelings, but then release them. The worst thing you can do is put those feelings on instant replay. It will only attract more of the same stuff. Let it in, then let it go. Feelings are part of the human experience. Allow them to inform you, not immobilize you.
2. Envision the Possible You. Especially during darkest times, hold fast to the vision of who you are becoming. Don't give energy to the negative aspect of your story. The less you say about and perpetuate the old story, the sooner you'll create the new one. Keep focused on the continuum of your expansion and expression. See yourself as the evolutionary being that you are.
3. Engage in random acts of kindness. Even if it seems insignificant, devote yourself to giving selflessly. You may have lost things on the life adventure, but you have not lost your most precious resource: You! Share your gifts and talents and your joys and thrills. The more you share, the more that energy multiplies and ricochets back to you. The energy of giving is the most abundant force on the planet.
The adventure of awakening can get hairy, but at some point… You get real.You take on the adventure. The excuses and pointing of fingers ceases. You see your world clearly. You own what's yours and mend what you can. You're freer than you've ever felt before.
Self forgiveness is a power tool that frees your energy and unleashes your creative essence. It also puts you in the present moment, instead of the past. It liberates you from the chains of the old and positions you on the pathway to peace and promise.
PS Ready to dive into the peaceful pathway?