5 Simple Self Care Practices to Recharge, Replenish and Restore
A self-care practice does not have to be complicated. There are things you can do every day that will awaken your self-love and connect you to what revives and regenerates you. Here are 5 practices that are sure to replenish and restore your sense of well being.
1. Spend the first 5-10 minutes of your day noticing your breath. Let your breath be the bridge from your body to your being. Allow the stillness of the morning to be mirrored in your breathing. Listen to the pulsing rhythm of your heart and how it powers up your body. Notice how your breath brings in vibrant energy on the inhale and releases what no longer serves you on the exhale.
2. Move your body in ways that delight you, even if it's only for 5 minutes. It might be a morning walk, dancing to your favorite music, riding on a swing or jumping on a trampoline. Remember the ways in which you moved your body as a child. Do that! Let unbridled joy light up every cell of your body.
3. Journal about your hopes and dreams, visions, and victories. There's nothing quite like sharing your secret thoughts with a trusted friend. Sometimes it's not possible, that's when your journal turns out to be a treasured confidante. Writing has been proven to impact your brain and most successful folks attribute a journaling practice as part of their secret to success. There is power and magic in capturing the world of the unseen and bringing it to life.
4. Go for a walk in the park. In times of turbulence remember, spend time in nature. It can instantly bring you into balance and bliss and remind you of the everyday beauty that surrounds you. Think of all the energy the world generates to bring a seedling into a powerful oak tree. The natural world is a perfect reflection of how life sustains you.
5. Write a Gratitude List. Write down 10 things you're grateful for. If you can't find 10, then write 5, or even 1. This practice alone will create a tsunami of good flow in your world. It's the most powerful abundance practice and it will help you flex your focus muscle. It's a time tested method to shift your energy. . . and that's the first step towards changing everything.
Ready to put yourself front and center? Download Your Self Care Mastery Jumpstart! You'll discover the ‘secret' to self care, how to pinpoint where you're falling short and how to get started now.