Easy, Healthy Vegan Quinoa Salad Recipe You’ll Love!
Is it lunch time yet? This is one of my favorite quinoa dishes. It’s a version of tabouleh that I first tasted and learned how to make while a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. It's been one of my standard dishes since I trained there in 2001.
This dish can be served as a meal all by itself or as a salad. It's easy to make and delicious! I enjoy the quinoa – instead of the traditional bulgur wheat – for it's protein and lightness. Add this tasty ancient seed to your menu. You’ll be glad you did!
And … if you can't find quinoa at your local health food store, Trader Joe's or Whole Foods you can check out Viva Lab's Quinoa on Amazon and get a home delivery.
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsley & sea salt
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic (optional)
- Bring washed and drained quinoa to a boil with water and salt.
- Cover and reduce flame to lowest point. Cook for 20 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Spread cooked quinoa on large platter to cool (or rinse with cool water).
- While quinoa is cooking/cooling, mix together parsley, onion, tomatoes, scallion, dill, and mint leaves.
- Make lemon vinaigrette by combining lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste.
- Combine all ingredients. Add garlic if you'd like some extra zing.
- Refrigerate salad until chilled.
- Adjust the amount of parsley to quinoa to your taste! If you like more of a salad texture use less quinoa and more parsley. If you're on for more of a grain dish use more quinoa and less parsley.