Reclaim the Essence of You
One of the best ways to unhook from your current worldview is to take yourself out of your routine and familiar environment. That's a picture of the German Bakery in Pune, India.
Back in 2003, after I finished my training at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, a group of 16 graduates traveled to Pune, India for our summer immersion program. The school's founder, Joshua Rosenthal, jokingly prepared us for Pune as we were about to board the plane, saying, “Same planet, different world.”
Nothing could have prepared me for what occurred during that summer satsang with Zen Master Dolano. We cooked and shared meals, meditated at the Osho center, danced at white robe meditation and gathered for coaching circles. What an extraordinary opportunity to step out of the matrix of my programmed life. I had never experienced such freedom AND connection, just being me.
When it came time to go home I didn't want to, even though I was newly married and my adolescent children were clamoring for my return. The expansive experience of freeing my essence, after four decades of self limitation, unleashed a freedom that would not be hampered.
Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed – borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves. Osho
You may not be able to go ‘off world right now. You can, however, reclaim the essence of your energy in this moment. Notice if you're still hooked into any of the following:
- Do you put your dreams on hold until you do what you're ‘supposed to?'
- Do you find yourself justifying things, instead of letting people know where you stand?
- Do you NOT do certain things because you're afraid that others will judge you?
- Do you withhold the truth, because you're afraid of rejection?
- Do you spend a lot of time trying to find the ‘right' way to say things to certain people?
- Do you create dynamic agreements in your relationships, or act out your parent's roles?
- Do you buy into traditions because you should and not because you want to?
There are many ways that you can limit your essence. The most insidious are the ones that have been blindly put into motion through early family training, cultural conditioning and the habit of sticking to what's safe and known. If you find yourself nodding yes to any of the above questions it may be time for you to question and consider what YOU would do. Then try it!
One thing's for sure, once you start unhooking from the habit of what's ‘not you' the world becomes a wonderful playground, designed and inhabited by a TRUER you!
Listen to the audio…
Conscious Energy Shift (10m)