Reinvent Ritual for the Dawn of a New Decade
Often, the problem with ritual today can be that you have disconnected from the power of it's original intention. Our world has evolved, and the rituals of yesteryear may or may not meet the need of the day.
I don't do resolutions, but I do create intentions. Here are seven ‘rituals' which are sure to imbue this year with the essence of your being :
1. Light a 7-day candle and imbue it with your intentions for the new year. Pick a color that engages you. Each day spend some time with your candle and the energy of your intentions. Journal about your a-ha's, intuitive hits and creational outflows.
2. Pick an essential oil that is in alignment with your intentions for the year. For 7 days put some of the oil on your 7 energy centers as you speak out loud your intentions for the year. Allow your body to move as the intentions anchor and ripple into your being.
3. Pick a theme for the year. It could be freedom, risk, choice, connection. You'll know it's the right one because it feels scary and exciting at the same time.
4. Choose an area in your life where you can be boldly you and come out of the closet. A place where you've been holding yourself apart, an aspect of you that is seeking to be unleashed. Perhaps you've secretly longed to be a writer or perform. Maybe you've got a yen to try your hand at drawing or playing a guitar.
5. Write a poem or a message to the new you in the new year. Fill it with details, color it in!
6. Make a pact with yourself to offer your service to others on a regular basis – it could be bi-weekly, once a month, or quarterly. Try leading an in-person writing group, a teleclass on visualization, a yoga class at your local seniors center or a cooking class for your church group. Realize that you are making deposits in the blessing bank of life and that abundance will surely flow your way.
7. Gather with a group of like-minded friends and each of you write a New Year's blessing, share it out loud.
Here is my New Year's blessing to you:
May this year bring greater clarity to your vision.
May you aliven your dreams in your own inimitable fashion.
May you step into action, with increased certainty.
May your circle of influence expand exponentially.
May you translate your talents into tangible abundance.
May your work weave the fabric of a new world.
What ritual, blessing or offering do you have for the dawn of this decade? Please share it with us below.